Skutchi Designs Products
Skutchi Designs products are warranted against manufacturer's defects and workmanship for the usable life of the product for the original owner, as defined as follows:
- 5 years on all laminates
- 5 years on all metal shelving, carts, overhead cabinets, and pedestal filing cabinets against structural failure
- 10 years on all panel frames (glass and fabric are not warrantied)
- 1 year on all moving parts
- 1 year on all electric and data components
Should any component be found to be defective, the customer must contact Skutchi Designs for warranty claims. The customer must gather the information on the product, including product no. or name, nature of defect, original sale date, and the manner in which the product is being used. The customer will then contact Skutchi Designs Customer Service Dept. with their proof of purchase, who will determine whether a replacement part or product is to be provided free of charge under warranty. The customer must furnish pictures of the damaged/defective items. If item is deemed defective the replacement part will be sent to customer free of charge. Failure to provide the requested information, including proof of purchase, or to return the defective part will result in the request for a warranty part to be rejected.
The warranty does not apply to the following:
- Normal wear and tear from standard use over the course of ownership
- Damage caused by the carrier in-transit, which will be handled under Skutchi Designs’ Freight Damage policy.
- Modifications or attachments to the product that are not approved by Skutchi Designs.
- Products that were not installed, used or maintained in accordance with product instructions and warnings.
- Products used for rental purposes.
- COM fabric is not covered under this warranty.
- Abuse, misuse of product, or accidents.
- Call Centers and 24/7 facilities
- Products that have been moved
- Transportation and Installation costs associated with warranty replacements
Please follow the warranty procedures described below to ensure apt and responsive service.
- Once a defect has been discovered, the original purchaser must contact Skutchi Designs immediately (within 30 days of defect detection) about the product(s) in question.
- Upon inspection of the product(s), Skutchi Designs will collect all relevant information necessary for review of the request.
- Product replacement, replacement parts and repairs will be authorized by a Customer Care representative if acknowledged to be necessary under product warranty eligibility conditions.
Natural products have varying grains and colors. Due to such natural variations occurring in materials such as wood and leather, these characteristics are not considered defects. Skutchi Designs does not warrant the color-fastness or matching of colors, grains or textures of such materials. Materials supplied, selected or provided by the customer (COM) are not warranted.
Any description of the goods sold hereunder, including any reference to Buyer’s specifications and any description in catalogs, circulars and other written material published by Skutchi Designs is for the sole purpose of identifying such goods and shall not create an express or implied warranty that the goods shall conform to such description.
THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, AND SKUTCHI DESIGNS DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM PATENT INFRINGEMENT. NO AGENT, EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF SKUTCHI DESIGNS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO BIND SKUTCHI DESIGNS TO ANY AFFIRMATION, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY EXCEPT AS STATED HEREIN.
SKUTCHI DESIGNS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. THESE LIMITATIONS ARE AGREED ALLOCATIONS OF RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SKUTCHI DESIGNS’ LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO THE SALE OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY BUYER FOR THE PRODUCTS.
Other Manufacturer’s Products
Skutchi Designs only sells products from selected high quality and trusted manufacturers. Should the need arise to file a warranty claim on products purchased from Skutchi Designs, please contact Skutchi Designs for help. We will handle the warranty process for you.
These warranties vary by manufacturer. For more information on a specific manufacturer please see the links below.